Have you ever rolled out of bed paralyzed by the pain that you felt in your lower back, and your only relief was when you took a hot shower? Do your joints ache right before it rains? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you may have arthritis. Read the details below for more information.
What is arthritis?
● It is a rheumatic disease that causes inflammation of the joints, stiffness, and deformity.
● There are more than one hundred diverse types of it hat may affect multiple parts of the body.
● The most common forms are osteoarthritis (degenerative joint disease), rheumatoid arthritis, and gout.
● It can affect people of all ages.
● Arthritis can present as mild, moderate, or severe, and progressively gets worse over time.
● It can be diagnosed during a physical exam with your general practitioner (GP) or primary care physician (PCP).
● X-rays can be used to identify arthritis.
● Lab tests can be used to determine the type of arthritis.
● Warm compresses
● Warm showers
● Therapy prescribed by your GP, PCP, pain management specialist, or rheumatologist.
No matter how painful it may be to move, please keep moving. Knowing your limitations is vital, so take rest breaks.
Africa Studio. (2019). Senior woman suffering from backache at home. [Image]. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/senior-woman-suffering-backache-home-569871445?src=6339afd0-7aa7-4656-bec3-b80d748b4d73-1-20.
CDC. (2019). Read More